Monday, August 3, 2009

Journal 10

FIRST RESPONSE:
Not yet. I know how to write well when it comes to cards or letters expressing my feelings, but when it comes to long papers that have specific topics, I could use some more experience and work with those. Although, I do think I have very good potential to be a great writer. I write for two reasons: schoolwork and socially. I write papers for school and I'll write letters and cards to friends and family expressing my feelings or simply just to say hello and chat. I definitely hope to learn from this class how to become a much better writer when it comes to writing about specifics more than just my emotions and how I feel.

FINAL RESPONSE:
In my first response I said that I was not a writer yet because I figured I could become one over this summer session in ENC1101. I was correct. I definitely do believe my writing skills and my overall writing in general has improved to the point where I now can consider myself "a writer." Over the semester I learned how to adapt a mundane or personally insignificant topic of a paper into one that I enjoy writing about. At the end of first post I said,
"I definitely hope to learn from this class how to become a much better writer when it comes to writing about specifics more than just my emotions and how I feel." Even though I still write with my emotions, I am not just writing with my emotions. I am writing about specific and given topics with my own emotion, tone, and style--which is just what I wanted to learn how to do. I think this class has helped prepare me a lot for my future English class(es) in the sense that I enjoy writing more and I know how to write even better than I first did in this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment