Sunday, August 2, 2009

When I write for different occasions, my style and tone tend to change drastically. In text messages, i use many abbreviations and follow no grammatical rules. I don't use commas or periods, and rarely capitalize. I am so lazy with my texting because I usually text just my good friends, so they don't really mind. On the other hand, when I write for my classes, I try to be as grammatically sound as possible. Even though I feel like I'm being boring when I follow the rules, I just realize that this is the correct way. I would much rather write the way I text. Also in academic writing, I tend to use more complex sentence structure and working on using a better vocabulary. Another occasion where I write is when I am writing thank you cards. I tend to be very formal and as polite as possible. This is for a good reason because they give me something.

No comments:

Post a Comment