Sunday, August 2, 2009

Journal 9

Consider your style/voice. Vonnegut’s style is like a “band saw cutting galvanized steel.” Does your style change depending on your audience?

Yes, my style definitely does change depending on the audience whom I'm talking to. I hope that everyones style changes too because there are many ways to express yourself. My style when I'm writing a paper is way different than writing a text message to a friend. In a text message you really don't use punctuation and misspelling words is not a big deal but it all changes if you were writing a paper for school or writing a letter to someone. Same thing with using a certain voice when talking to people. When I talk to my professors I don't use vulgar language like as if I were talking to my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment