Sunday, August 2, 2009

Journal #9

Yes, with out a doubt both my style and my voice changes according to my audience.  I believe i have a very distinct voice and when i write i think people know that it is me, they know i am the author and i tend to write as a speak.  But when my audience changes so does my voice and style.  If it is an informal type of writing such as text messaging or IM's i tend to be succinct and to the point not really including much detail and most of the time abbreviating words.  If it is an e-mail to someone important like a teacher or an advisor i tend to be a lot more formal using better language but at the same time getting to the point.  For papers in school my style changes drastically i use much better vocabulary and provide as much detail as i can in order to not only get my point across but to explain it almost elementary.  

No comments:

Post a Comment