Sunday, August 2, 2009

Journal 9

Absolutely! My style and vocal tone changes 100% when I'm speaking to different audiences. For example, if I were speaking to a teacher or an adult I wasn't too familiar with, I would speak in a respectful and more "adult-like" tone to relate to them and not treat them as a child or someone my age or younger. If I were speaking to children, I would speak in a tone that is fun and exciting (to keep them interested) and I would use smaller words for them to understand and appropriate language since they are young. These different tones vary with the tone I use with my friends. The tone I use with my friends is the tone I would use if I were talking to myself or the tone they would use to talk to me. I would speak in my normal voice, act like my normal self, probably use occasional foul language, and just speak my honest mind. Sometimes speaking too honestly to adults could come off maybe disrespectful and immature and speaking too honestly to children could come off too mature and inappropriate or incomprehensible to them; therefore, I think a change of tone is definitely necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment