Monday, August 3, 2009

Topic For First Journal:
Do you consider yourself a writer? Why or why not? In addition, why do you write- is it for a grade, leisure, communication, work, etc.? What are you hoping to accomplish in this class?
My First Journal RESPONSE:
Hey Everyone!I do consider my self a writer if texting, writing on facebook, and sending cards count?...lol. Other than that the only time i write is when i have class assignments, essays/homework, or when i need to go grocery shopping..honestly i never write. Within this class i am hoping to further my knowledge of writing through grammar and have fun along the way! :)

Topic For Last Journal Journal 10:
Revisit the first journal of the semester. Do you see your role as a writer any differently? Have you accomplished your goals for the semester? How will this help you in your 1102/42/45 class next semester?
Last Journal Response:
As the semester comes to a close I still see myself as the same writer that I wrote about in my first journal. I basically only write on facebook, essays, and cards. However, I have a totally different approach on writing after finishing up this class. My goals for the semester were to “Further my knowledge of writing through grammar and have fun!” I think looking back I accomplished that. The class was enjoyable. We wrote about fun topics such as personal experiences and how visual text and written text are a lot alike. We ended up making a magazine for the final essay which was a creative and fun way to write. I have to admit I have never taken a class like this before. In high school all of my English classes I can recall were boring and we wrote about stuff that was not interesting at all. I also liked our daily writings in class we did. For example the Jessica Simpson writing. That was a fun way to write and related to our age’s interest. This activity also taught me that you can have different perspectives on the same topic. I also have improved my grammar. By having lots of peer editing and workshops I found patterns of what I was doing wrong. For example, where to put commas, not use contractions, and when to explain in more detail, etc. This class and the knowledge I have gained from it will help me in my next English class. For example, I will be able to use what I learned but mainly it will give me a different approach on everything. I am now more opened minded and realize how you can make writing fun as well as how to be more creative when writing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment