Sunday, August 2, 2009

VaRiAtIoN

Yes, my tone and style changes as I write. First of all if I am writing to my friends, but in a letter format then the way i write remains very casual but it still has a formal aspect to it. If i am writing a text message to a friend then i use VERY casual language while also using abbreviations for things. If i am writing something to my parents I also try to use proper english because if not they will tend to say "this is what i pay to send you to school for". When writing a thank-you letter to someone i also write with a formal tone. Since those mostly go to adults I try to sound as sophisticated as possible. When I write for school my tone and style change with the piece. If i am writing something that is directed to a non-formal group if people then i write very casually, otherwise I try to display the skills that I have learned throughout my writing process. Overall my style and tone vary depending on what my audience is.

No comments:

Post a Comment