Sunday, August 2, 2009

Journal 9

Consider your style/voice. Vonnegut’s style is like a “band saw cutting galvanized steel.” Does your style change depending on your audience?

My style does change depending on my audience. I think everyones kind of has to. If you're talking to your professor, you wouldn't speak to them as if they were your best friend. You'd speak to them more professionally. It's like that exercise we did in class. Where there were 3 situations and we were all assigned one of them and had to pretend we were writing to our best friend, and then our mother. With our moms, we would probably not say as much to as we would if it were our best friends. Also, if I'm with children, or writing for children, I would need to change my tone and style to fit to them. I wouldn't curse or use any vulgarity because they are a younger audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment