Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Journal 2

Before I had read what Richard Straub had to say, I was actually somewhat worried about our workshop on Thursday. For some reason, I'm not fond of having to critique other people's writing. During high school, I did not put much effort into trying to help someone else improve their paper. I just edited a few grammatical or punctuation errors and told them they had a great paper. Now that I have read this article, I feel the need to help my fellow classmate as much as I can to make his or her paper better. As the article said, I am not the writer, but I am the reader and I won't try to change the writing itself. If anything, I will make a few suggestions if necessary to be used as guidelines or models. With this in mind, I'm quite interested not only read other peoples' papers, but to see what they have to say about my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment