Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Journal 2

I had planned to basically correct any simple errors (commas, periods, wrong words, etc..) that I saw. I wasn't planning on writing much that would actually help improve how the paper came off to others. I planned on helping it, but I didn't know how much I would really be able to help it without sounding extremely judgemental and harsh. My opinions have changed somewhat after reading Richard Straub's advice about correcting a paper. I now know that my tone should sound more like a friend rather than a teacher. I also learned that I could still praise a paper while also criticizing it, rather than just criticize it. I will definitely use these techniques, also not writing too much, when correcting my peers papers on thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment