Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Before reading Straub's essay I was just planning on correcting the papers like i did in high school. Looking for basic errors in spelling and punctuation. I don't like revising my papers but i know that it has to be done. Its' just somewhat of a hassle to me. Now that i read Straub's essay i realized that i also shouldn't be sounding like the teacher. I should be sounding like myself and that isn't something that i normally did. My opinion has changed a little about revising because i was always so focused on making sure my comments sounded like the teacher and at times harsh, that i realized i can just say things the way i normally would. During my first workshop i now plan to go into detail when writing commenting on someones work instead of just giving them one or two word answers. I am also going to consider what i read and try to think of how they could possibly expand on the subject in order to make their paper better. What i learned about my peers, which in my opinion was important to learn was, that i should take into consideration the actual person whose paper i am revising. I should pay attention to their personality and this i think will also help me learn more about my peers as the course progresses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment