Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Journal 2

In highschool my teachers would hand out random students essays to revise. Usually I would just look for simple things to edit, for instance leaving out a comma, forgetting a period, things like that. It was kind of boring to me because I was never sure of what to actually say and where to say it. I never wanted to hurt my classmates feelings so I would just correct a few grammatical errors and i'd leave it at that. After reading Straub's essay I now know where to comment, how long my comments should be, and to be specific. I know that myrevising could really help out my classmates. I shouldn't worry about hurting their feelings. I should just be honest and say what i think. My comments and suggestions could really improve my classmates overall paper so I know now to just be myself and say what I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment