Monday, June 29, 2009

Journal 1

To be honest I really don't know completely, it"s sort of sporadic for me. I guess it just depends on the subject at hand, or for that matter why I am writing. There are some times when I feel that I can express my feelings better on paper than in words, especially with things that I truly care about. Such as: a thank you card, a letter to a missed family member, or even a poem to a girlfriend. When there's something that has that much meaning to me, I find it easy to get a point across or express how I feel. With that being said, I believe I am a passionate writer when it comes to a subject matter that intrigues me. Now on the other hand, if there is a long research paper due, I might not be as apt to spice it up and put all I have into it. There are those special occasions though where maybe I want to impress a teacher. In those instances I really put all my effort into it, but for the most part I just get the assignment done. Reflecting back on that, I probably just need to be more open minded to writing assignments and put as much effort into them as I do the subjects that, in essence, drive me to open up and write to my maximum level. So like I stated earlier, I don't honestly know if I am a good writer or not. Maybe I'm being modest, but i believe thats for other people to decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment