Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Journal 2

My ideas and attitude towards responding and revising before reading Straub’s essay were different from what was mentioned in the essay. I never really had to respond to or revise another person’s writing. The few times that I have had to, I never really gave criticism, just compliments. I was more looking towards getting it done and over with like Straub had mentioned in the beginning of his essay. My thoughts and attitude completely changed after reading Straub’s writing because he explained how to give responses both good and bad and why it is important to give both compliments and criticism. I can definitely apply what Straub was talking about to my first workshop because I know what kind of responses to give, what to look at in different papers, and how to let the writer know what you think. I learned that by responding to your peers you might be able to give them the response they need to write an even better paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment