Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Journal 2

After reading the excerpt by Richard Straub from the On Writing text, I now have a better understanding of revision. Honestly in high school, I never took revising someone else's paper seriously. I would read the paper, make a few minor corrections, and just hand it back. Now that I have read this entry, I guess its made me realize that I should really focus on revision. Time and thought should be put into the revision of a writers work to help improve their paper as a whole. As for the workshop Thursday, I feel that I have become well informed on not only how I should revise, but why to revise as well. As a reader, it is my responsibility to give my honest opinion on the paper and motivate the writer to create a better piece of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment