Monday, June 29, 2009

I don't consider myself a writer but i have always done well in it. I always made good grades in writing and i scored really well on the sat and act on the writing section. I guess the main reason that i don't consider myself to be a writer is because sometimes even though the grade on my paper may be good i don't think my work is good. For some people it comes so easily and it can take me a long time to really develop my ideas or to think of everything i want to say to someone if i am writing them a letter. For example before i left home i was writing my 2 best friends letters and it took me so long to figure out what i wanted to say and how i wanted to say it. When i write its' usually for school or in a text or email. I used to write in a journal when I was younger but then my dad decided to be nosy and he FOUND it so i stopped writing in that because i didn't want him to see. Recently though i found my journal from the 5th grade and it was so funny t read because i wrote about the funniest things and they mattered so much then and now they are things i look back and laugh at. When you think about it though without writing wouldn't it somewhat difficult to communicate? i didn't think about that until today when we talked about how many different types of writing there are. I just always thought of papers for school. In this class i really would like to become more confident in my work and learn to expand on my writing by making it EYE CATCHING. When people read their writing today in class they were so funny and all really different, and i want to be able to learn things from those other people because it was a lot of fun to listen to them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment