Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Journal 2

I never use to take revising and responding seriously. I always thought I wasn't very intelligent and couldn't actually assist the writer with my ideas and suggestions. Straub's essay really changed my mind about revising and the workshop process. I am not an editor or have a degree of any sort in editing papers, so I know now that I shouldn't revise like that. Other people's papers are their papers and I'm not going to alter what they have to say to make it my own words. I'm excited as a writer to have my other fellow classmates and peers to critic my work because I always think my work is almost flawless, but to get constructive criticism from people close to me can really help. I hope my suggestions will do the same to others. I understand now that just because were friends I should give them real advice that I truly believe because only that will help them in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment