Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Journal 2

Before I read Straub's essay I thought that responding and revising was only surface errors. I thought that the writer was supposed to fix and add to her essays "meat". I felt that revising would only be to find grammatical errors and sentences that didn't make sense or changing the tenses. But after reading "Responding- Really Responding..." by Richard Straub my opinion definitely changed. Not only could my improved editing of my peer's papers help them, it could also help me, in two different ways. When I'm revising their papers, by coming up with new ideas and expanding my horizons, but by them also returning the favor and showing me how i could improve my paper. I can easily apply this to my first workshop by giving constructive criticism, without being harsh or rude. I learned that by me responding to my peers in the right fashion that hopefully they will return the favor by responding to my essays and papers with the same enthusiasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment