Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Journal 5

The article I chose is straight out of the magazine I am doing for my second paper, so I consider the website pretty reliable. The article itself is very interesting. It's about a girls father who was a drug dealer and is finally coming out with the truth. Color is a big part of what draw people in. If it's a blah color then no one is going to look at it or take the time out to stop and read/look. I agree that websites can be misleading and can have bias. The article itself is in black and white. The picture that supports the article seems to be very faded and old. I feel like this article should contain a couple more pictures though just to support it a little more. This article in my opinion shouldn't contain a video but I do believe videos can help people get the picture more. Videos are good for stories and still images are good for articles, journals, etc. Images are more powerful to me but certain words can do the trick a lot better. It really depends on the scenario. Images are better for journals that need some more emphasis. Words are more appropriate when dealing with big issues, for instance PETA, but even in that case I think a picture would be needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment