Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Journal 5

It would seem there's not really as much research to be done on my topic, as all I could find were reviews such as this one. http://jasenator.wordpress.com/2009/04/22/lackadaisy-cats-review/ At first glance, there's not much as far as 'appeal' goes when looking at this webpage. It's remarkably plain. Black background, white font, and not a single image. If I weren't actually looking hard, I might've just glanced over this site and moved on to the next. When actually reading it, it shows to contain some useful information, such as a general synopsis. The author of the site (a blog, I presume) has also analyzed the webcomic as well. However, It's not the most valid source and I wouldn't rely on it for my actual paper. To answer your questions, the choice of medium relies heavily on the audience it is trying to appeal to. Kids? Use popping visuals! The elderly? Anything that gets right to the point and possibly reminds them of the old days. Typical adults? Maybe a mixture of visuals and text, but more text heavy. Images certainly help get a message across right away and can really tug at the heartstrings, but text is where you get your facts. It's all situational though.

No comments:

Post a Comment