Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Journal 5

http://www4.ncsu.edu/~nwsfo/storage/cases/20040908/

Unlike I have done in my past, I definitely did not use Wikipedia as instructed. My topic for paper 2 is the hurricanes that have hit Florida this past decade. When searching for a website, the "edu" was a key sign that it was reliable and when I looked at the actual content of the website, I knew it was. Since my home was directly hit by Hurricane Frances, I decided to google that one in particular. The site provides you with a detailed summary of the hurricane and it's course all the way from it's U.S. debut in Sewall's Point, Fl, to where it made its final path of destruction in North Carolina. This website will make people aware how dangerous a hurricane is and how to prepare for one. In my opinion, the site needs some more pictures of the aftermath so viewers can really grasp what a hurricane can d0. I also did not see any videos which surprised me. A video for this topic would be a greater way to grab a viewers attention in the sense that it actually put's the viewer in the shoe's of the cameraman. For this article, more visuals definitely would help the viewer understand the magnitude of Hurricane Frances rather than just a general overview.

No comments:

Post a Comment