Sunday, July 12, 2009

Journal 4

I was immediately drawn to this ad. The first thing I noticed was the sentence, "Use Only What You Need." Then I noticed that the bench is actually made for just one person, which would be all one person actually needs. The last thing I noticed, since it was in smaller print, was the label, "Denver Water." Clearly, this is an advertisement by The Denver Water Co. promoting water conservation and practicality when it comes to what we really need and what we really do not. I would imagine that when a person goes to sit here, they notice that there is only enough room for what they need. After seeing the "Denver Water" label, they probably start to realize that they really only need this much 'bench' for themselves--that they really don't need to waste as much water as they do. I think the author of this ad, Denver Water, mainly was trying to promote water conservation in general with this ad, rather than just using it to advertise themselves to the public. I actually see this ad as a PSA more than anything and I think that is very smart and clever of Denver Water. I think this is smart because I feel people will look at this and think, "This is clever. I like how this message is displayed. Wow, who made this?" I think it will give them more business rather than if they had a plain sign on the back of the bench saying, "Denver Water" and then a picture of a waterfall or something like that. People like advertisements that have smart messages; messages that give them something to think about the rest of the day. People also like something creative to look at and think about. This advertisement does all of the above. It will definitely be successful!
I found many other creative and clever advertisements at this website as well:
Very cool billboard advertisements too:

No comments:

Post a Comment