Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Journal 2

After reading Straub's entry I find myself looking at the task of editing someones paper a little differently. I like how he made it a point to say that you need to be more than just the good friend who says everything looks great but then again you cannot act like a teacher or editor because after all, we are just students and we need to have respect for our peers. There can be a happy medium between the two. Before reading this I might have been too harsh on a paper that I would edit but now I realize that there are many factors that should go into play like: which draft is this? what's the attitude of the paper supposed to be? am I the only person editing this? All of these questions make a difference to how you should edit a paper and I will be sure to keep them in mind during our workshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment